Best Gay Winter Travel Destinations
Gay Winter Holiday Destinations: Top Picks
Whether you’re a solo traveler, a gay couple or you just want to get away, check out the best gay winter travel destinations around the world.
These five gay winter travel destinations run the gamut from relaxing beach vacations to ice-covered shorelines. Whether you’re looking for a winter gay couple’s destination or city-exploration trips for gay solo travelers, you’ll surely find some inspiration here.
Here are wolfyy’s top 5 recommendations for the best gay winter travel destinations around the world. If you love one of these destinations for winter, leave a comment at the bottom of the page.
Iceland is best visited with a friend or two, so if you’re looking for a group vacation or a gay couple’s winter holiday spot, Reykjavik will fit the bill. Don’t miss the volcanic ash beaches or the billowing geysers!
What makes Iceland top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Serene, majestic swaths of countryside where you can take in the beauty all alone.
- Iceland is one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world.
- Spend weekend evenings meeting locals at gay bars in Reykjavík.
Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Gran Canaria, and specifically Maspalomas, is quite literally a gay winter travel hotspot. During the winter months, tons of Europeans conveniently jet down to the famous Canary Islands. Off the coast of Africa, the climate of the Canary Islands makes for a good escape.
Trek the scenic gay Maspalomas dunes by day and check out the Yumbo Center gay bars by night. For groups of friends looking for gay winter holiday destinations where there are tons of parties, Maspalomas is the best bet.
What makes Maspalomas top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Romantic enough for a gay couple holiday yet easily can be a gay destination for groups of guys who want to party all night.
- Option to travel for Winter Pride Maspalomas.
- Maspalomas town is almost completely gay!
Koh Lipe, Thailand
The absolute best gay winter travel destination is on the remote island of Koh Lipe, Thailand. Adorable cabanas and couple’s resorts line the white sand beaches with the bluest water you’ll ever see. Koh Lipe tops my list of the best gay winter holidays for couples.
Koh Lipe is lesser-known, but it one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I guarantee it.
What makes Koh Lipe top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Snorkeling, paddle boarding or renting a longtail boat!
- Enjoy authentic Thai food & enjoy cheap cocktails at one of Thailand’s best hidden bars.
- Even though you’re on a remote Thai island, all the comforts of home are right in the main town center.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What makes Dubai top the list of gay winter travel destinations?
- Waterparks, indoor skiing, skydiving & tons more thrilling adventures.
- Escape the frigid temperatures in the north for sunsets on the beach.
- Futuristic architecture, spice markets and luxury malls will overload your senses in the best way possible. You will leave amazed, guaranteed.
The island-nation of Singapore may be conservative, but there is no shortage of gay locals and gay expats to meet! After you tour Gardens by the Bay, hop from one rowdy gay bar to another. Everyone is friendly! Singapore is my number one recommendation for the best gay winter travel destinations in Southeast Asia.
What makes Singapore top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Singapore has a robust gay scene, one of the largest in Southeast Asia.
- Easy to navigate for solo gay travelers.
- One of the cleanest and organized cities on earth.
More Ideas for Gay Winter Holidays
If the gay winter travel spots above didn’t jive with you, here are some more destination ideas.
Prefer something less tropical, yet still comfortable outside? Go to Cape Town, South Africa, especially if you love hiking and exploring nature.
Above all, make sure you have fun on your vacation! Share your favorite gay winter holiday destination with a friend!