Best Gay Winter Destinations
Gay Winter Destinations Around the World
Whether you’re a solo traveler, a gay couple or you just want to get away, check out the best gay winter destinations around the world.
These five gay winter destinations run the gamut from relaxing beach vacations to ice-covered shorelines. Whether you’re looking for a winter gay couple’s destination or city-exploration trips for gay solo travelers, you’ll surely find some inspiration here.
Here are wolfyy’s top 5 recommendations for where to go when it’s winter in the northern hemisphere. Plus, each one links to the related wolfyy gay travel guide.
Iceland is best visited with a friend or two, so if you’re looking for a group vacation or a gay couple’s winter holiday spot, Reykjavik will fit the bill. Don’t miss the volcanic ash beaches or the billowing geysers!
What makes Iceland top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Serene, majestic swaths of countryside where you can take in the beauty all alone.
- Iceland is one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world.
- Spend weekend evenings meeting locals at gay bars in Reykjavík.
Maspalomas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Gran Canaria, and specifically Maspalomas, is quite literally a gay winter travel hotspot. During the winter months, tons of Europeans conveniently jet down to the famous Canary Islands. Off the coast of Africa, the climate of the Canary Islands makes for a good escape.
Trek the scenic gay Maspalomas dunes by day and check out the Yumbo Center gay bars by night. For groups of friends looking for gay winter holiday destinations where there are tons of parties, Maspalomas is the best bet.
What makes Maspalomas top the list of best gay winter destinations?
- Romantic enough for a gay couple holiday yet easily can be a gay destination for groups of guys who want to party all night.
- Option to travel for Winter Pride Maspalomas.
- Maspalomas town is almost completely gay!
Planning Made Easier with wolfyy.
Add Your Email.
Koh Lipe, Thailand
The absolute best gay winter travel destination is on the remote island of Koh Lipe, Thailand. Adorable cabanas and couple’s resorts line the white sand beaches with the bluest water you’ll ever see. Koh Lipe tops my list of the best gay winter holidays for couples.
Koh Lipe is lesser-known, but it one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I guarantee it.
What makes Koh Lipe top the list of best gay winter travel destinations?
- Snorkeling, paddle boarding or renting a longtail boat!
- Enjoy authentic Thai food & enjoy cheap cocktails at one of Thailand’s best hidden bars.
- Even though you’re on a remote Thai island, all the comforts of home are right in the main town center.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
What makes Dubai top the list of gay winter travel destinations?
- Waterparks, indoor skiing, skydiving & tons more thrilling adventures.
- Escape the frigid temperatures in the north for sunsets on the beach.
- Futuristic architecture, spice markets and luxury malls will overload your senses in the best way possible. You will leave amazed, guaranteed.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Lauderdale is a classic U.S. gay travel destination. The LGBT community has been visiting this Floridian haven for decades. If you’re looking for a winter getaway to one of America’s most gay-friendly cities, consider Fort Lauderdale.
What makes Fort Lauderdale an ideal winter travel destination?
- Fantastic gay nightlife with endless choices of gay bars and clubs.
- Endless stretches of beaches & fun local gay beaches.
- A relaxed atmosphere and warm weather year-round.
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town gay travel is hugely popular with Europeans seeking to escape winter in the north. Seasoned American travelers also fancy the sun-drenched coastlines. Aside from the fact that Cape Town is a popular LGBT destination, a trip to South Africa is an easy introduction to African culture for those who have yet to visit the continent.
What makes Cape Town an one of the best gay winter travel destinations?
- A heartwarming local culture and relaxed pace of life.
- Great balance of nightlife and adventurous daytime activities.
- Jaw-dropping sunsets, beaches and wildlife.
Authentic Gay Travel
The island-nation of Singapore may be conservative, but there is no shortage of gay locals and gay expats to meet! After you tour Gardens by the Bay, hop from one rowdy gay bar to another. Everyone is friendly! Singapore is my number one recommendation for the best gay winter travel destinations in Southeast Asia.
What makes Singapore top the list of best gay winter destinations?
- Singapore has a robust gay scene, one of the largest in Southeast Asia.
- Easy to navigate for solo gay travelers.
- One of the cleanest and organized cities on earth.
Holbox Island is one of the world’s newest gay travel destinations. It’s also a Mexican paradise that quite popular in December and over the New Year holiday season. Holbox has the clearest blue ocean water I’ve ever seen in my entire life!
What makes Holbox top the list of best gay winter destinations?
- There’s plenty to do, from bioluminescence tours to partying in boutique bars along the ocean.
- You can experience authentic Mexican food and culture since the destination is largely undiscovered.
- The island of Holbox is secluded and way lesser-traveled than tourist-filled destinations like Cancun.
More Ideas for Gay Winter Holidays
If the gay winter travel spots above didn’t jive with you, here are some more destination ideas.
Above all, make sure you have fun on your vacation! Share your favorite gay winter holiday destination with a friend!